Join TMA West Michigan for the 2nd Annual Case Study Luncheon Series: “Sinking Ship LLC”, A Receivership Tale. Focusing on a single fictitious turnaround scenario, panelists and moderators will beguile you with the tale of this company's experience over the course of 3 sessions. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FACT PATTERN FOR THE CASE OF SINKING SHIP LLC
February 14, 2017 Session 2:
The Hurricane Hits- Receivership and State Court Law
Where: The University Club
111 Lyon St NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Time: 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Discussion Topics to Include:
- What are the reasons for a receiver vs. turnaround consultant?
- What is the relationship between bank, receiver and business, along with fiduciary duties?
- What are the mechanics of getting a receiver appointed? Is a lawsuit required?
- What are the details of a receivership order? Detail their authority, scope, etc.
- In this case we have two different lenders. What effect does this have on the receivership? What if the parties don't agree?
Moderator: Denny Briggs (Horizon Bank)
Panelists: Mike Almassian (Keller & Almassian), Joseph Ammar (Plunkett Cooney), Traci Courter (Mercantile Bank) and Steve Weber (O'Keefe)
Additional dates to follow:
March 14, 2017 Session 3: Salvaging the Wreckage- Bankruptcy
April 18, 2017 A Real Life Turnaround Success Story
TMA Member | $25
Non Member | $40
NextGen | $15
Who should attend: Turnaround professionals including: turnaround specialists, CTAs, CPAs, attorneys, economists, bankers, loan officers, accountants and other professionals working in insolvency. Business community-members-at-large including: executives, management, owners, operators and board members.
Not a member? Click here to join!