Join TMA West Michigan for the 2nd Annual Case Study Luncheon Series: “Sinking Ship LLC”, A Receivership Tale. Focusing on a single fictitious turnaround scenario, panelists and moderators will beguile you with the tale of this company's experience over the course of 3 sessions. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FACT PATTERN FOR THE CASE OF SINKING SHIP LLC
March 14, 2017 Session 3:
Salvaging the Wreckage- Bankruptcy
Where: The University Club
111 Lyon St NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Time: 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Discussion Topics to Include:
- Who can file for bankruptcy? Can a receiver file? Does this require permission from the debtor members?
- What is the bank's recourse and options when the debtor files for bankruptcy?
- What happens in the scenario that a bank strongly objects to a debtor remaining in possession of the assets and company? Are there other options available?
- Detail the appointment of a trustee.
- Detail a motion to be excused from turnover of property.
Moderator: Ben White (White Law Firm)
Panelists: David Bevins (Rhoades McKee), John Jansen (Conway MacKenzie), Michael McElwee (Varnum) and Karl Norton (Comerica Bank)
Additional dates to follow:
April 18, 2017 A Real Life Turnaround Success Story
TMA Member | $25
Non Member | $40
NextGen | $15
Who should attend: Turnaround professionals including: turnaround specialists, CTAs, CPAs, attorneys, economists, bankers, loan officers, accountants and other professionals working in insolvency. Business community-members-at-large including: executives, management, owners, operators and board members.
Not a member? Click here to join!